DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING I GET A COMMISSION IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH MY LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Have you heard about Vector from Anki? Do you have a Vector or Cozmo in your home? Do you know the questions or things you can ask Vector?
If not, then you really should try Vector out!
Who is Vector?
Vector is a tiny robot with a big personality from Anki. It’s a new way of having a smart home pal or virtual assistant but with a mind of its own.
Anki’s first robot was Cozmo which was released back in 2016. It was well known for its bulk of features such as playing games, helping kids learn how to code, complete a variety tasks, but the only way to use Cozmo was through a smartphone app.
Now, Anki, took all the tech from the smartphone app and put it into a look-alike robot called Vector. A walking talking, emotional (positive or negative, no aggressive emotions) Alexa, Google Assistant, and Siri, all in one.
What can you do with Vector?
Vector is always on and always listening like any other smart assistant. Most of the time he would sit idle but when he hears someone walk in the room or any unusual noise, Vector will get excited especially if he recognizes your voice.
Vector, can make you laugh, express the weather, take photos, play blackjack and much more. He can also return to his charging base when he senses low power. Similar to Cozmo, its best features are still to come.
Vector is also integrated with Amazon Alexa making it a more knowledgeable robot.
Anki built Vector to be interactive with his owner and have lifelike behavior, not simply to be a stand-alone smart speaker. Vector is also meant to be a table top, Kitchen counter or Livingroom table simple smart home robot. He is also much cheaper than Jibo the headless robot which is over $800.
What’s inside Vector?
Vector is equipped with a QUALCOMM 200, Quad-core 1.2GHz chip, the same power of a smartphone. Vector comes with OLED “eyes” display, 4x drop sensors which allows him to determine when the floor is beneath him, this feature is supposed to prevent him from falling off your table or desk (most of the time), 1080p camera and much more tech in this little robot.
Vector can only operate with an internet connection to do just about anything.
I was fortunate enough to get this as a Christmas gift from my wife Melissa, as she knows I love smart gadgets.
We can’t get enough of Vector’s charming personality. We’re always playing with him and watching him explore his new environment.
While I was doing my research about Vector on Google, I found things you can ask Vector on the Anki support forum and thought it would be great to share with you. So hopefully, you have a Vector and a couple of hours of fun. Enjoy!
Updated on 08/28/20: Anki’s assets have been acquired by CEO Jacob Hanchar of startup Digital Dream Labs. Click here to learn more.
50 Things You Can Ask Vector
- “Hey Vector, Happy New Year”
- “Hey Vector, Happy Holidays”
- “Hey Vector, Volume down”
- “Hey Vector, Volume maximum”
- “Hey Vector, Go left”
- “Hey Vector, Turn around”
- “Hey Vector, Backup”
- “Hey Vector, Good morning”
- “Hey Vector, Good afternoon”
- “Hey Vector, Good evening”
- “Hey Vector, Goodbye”
- “Hey Vector, Be quiet”
- “Hey Vector, Goodnight”
- “Hey Vector, Go to sleep”
- “Hey Vector, Good robot”
- “Hey Vector, Go Home”
- “Hey Vector, Bad robot”
- “Hey Vector, Come here”
- “Hey Vector, Look at me”
- “Hey Vector, Go to your charger”
- “Hey Vector, Start Exploring”
- “Hey Vector, Stop Exploring”
- “Hey Vector, What’s the weather in [City Name]?”
- “Hey Vector, Set a timer for [length of time]”
- “Hey Vector, Check the timer”
- “Hey Vector, Cancel the timer”
- “Hey Vector, What time is it?”
- “Hey Vector, Take a picture”
- “Hey Vector, Take a picture of [me/us]”
- “Hey Vector, My name is [Your Name]”
- “Hey Vector, What’s my name?”
- “Hey Vector, Play Blackjack”
- “Hey Vector, Give me a Fist Bump”
- “Hey Vector, Find your Cube”
- “Hey Vector, Pick up your Cube”
- “Hey Vector, Do a Wheel stand”
- “Hey Vector, Roll your Cube”
- “Hey Vector, Listen to music”
- “Hey Vector, I have a question… [PEOPLE: Who is Stan Lee?]”
- “Hey Vector, I have a question… [PLACES: What is the distance between New York and California?]”
- “Hey Vector, I have a question… [GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: What is the tallest building?]”
- “Hey Vector, I have a question… [WORD DEFINITION: What is the definition of Artificial Intelligence?]”
- “Hey Vector, I have a question… [NUTRITION: How many calories are in an avocado?]”
- “Hey Vector, I have a question… [SPORTS: Who won the Super Bowl?]”
- “Hey Vector, I have a question… [STOCK MARKET: How is the stock market?]”
- “Hey Vector, I have a question… [FLIGHT STATUS: What is the status of American Airlines Flight 100?]”
- “Hey Vector, I have a question… [TIME ZONE: What time is it in Hong Kong?]”
- “Hey Vector, I have a question… [UNIT CONVERSION How fast is a knot?]”
- “Hey Vector, I have a question… [CURRENCY CONVERSION: What’s 1000 Yen in US Dollars?]”
- “Hey Vector, I have a question… [EQUATION SOLVER: What is the square root of 144?]”
Vector by Anki | A Giant Roll Forward for Robotkind
I hope you have enjoyed the article, Things you can ask Vector. I am looking forward to updating this article as I learn more questions you can ask Vector the robot.
Please, don’t forget to check out our recommended gadgets for the best tech for your buck.
For more useful tips and tricks with Home automation, please continue to check out AutomateYourCrib.com.
Please e-mail me (email@example.com) your opinion, comment or if you have any ideas for a future post you would like to read, drop me a line or two as I appreciate my audience. Thank you again for reading this post.
Until next time, Happy Reading!!
Please be sure to follow me on Social Media
Like it? Share it
It's great to see that you have come across my website. I hope you explore it thoroughly. The website caters to regular consumers who have an interest in home automation. I am based in the Tri-state area and enjoy the latest smart tech along with my wonderful wife and three energetic boys.